TERMS OF ENGAGEMENT FOR VOLUNTEER JUDGES
These terms outline the terms of engagement for individuals (“Judges”) participating as volunteer judges in the “Dymocks Beyond Words Creative Writing Competition” (“Competition”) run by Dymocks Education Pty Ltd trading as Dymocks Tutoring (“Dymocks Tutoring”, “we”, “us”, “our”).
- Volunteer Status: Judges acknowledge and agree that their participation in the Competition is purely voluntary. They will not receive any monetary compensation for their time or services.
- Non-Employment: Judges understand and agree that they are not employees of Dymocks Tutoring and their participation in the Competition does not create an employment relationship.
- Compensation: Judges acknowledge and agree that they will not receive payment for their participation in the Competition.
- Certificate of Participation: Upon completion of their role in the Competition, Judges will receive a certificate from Dymocks Tutoring evidencing their participation in the Competition.
- Employment Claims: Judges agree not to allege that they are an employee of Dymocks Tutoring or make any claim against us for any employment-related rights including, but not limited to, remuneration, leave entitlements, or compensation.
- Location and Liability: Judges have the flexibility to perform their judging duties at a time and place of their choosing. They understand and agree that Dymocks Tutoring accepts no liability in respect of any personal injury or property damage that they sustain while providing services as a volunteer.
- Confidentiality: The terms of this engagement, as well as any information related to Dymocks Tutoring, the entrants, or the Competition, are confidential. Judges agree not to disclose this information without our prior written consent.
- Intellectual Property: Judges acknowledge that the intellectual property rights in the materials submitted to them for judging are owned by the respective competitors. Judges agree not to use or incorporate this intellectual property into their own work.
- Review and Judging of Entries: Judges volunteer to review an agreed number of entries at a time. They commit to using reasonable care and skill in the review of submissions and to judge those submissions in accordance with any directions provided by us, including any judging criteria or marking rubric.
- Termination: Both Dymocks Tutoring and the Judge reserve the right to terminate this agreement at any time, for any reason, provided that reasonable notice is given to the other party. Upon termination, the Judge agrees to promptly complete any outstanding obligations related to the Competition. This may include, but is not limited to, the completion of judging assigned entries, returning any materials or resources provided by Dymocks Tutoring, and maintaining the confidentiality and intellectual property obligations as set out in this agreement.
By participating as a judge in the Competition, you acknowledge and agree to these terms of engagement.